Monday, January 28, 2013

Baby Food

While we have been on house arrest due to RSV Tracker and I decided to start our stock pile of baby food. We participate in our local CO-OP every other week and we had just received our supply so we had a lot to work with. 
Thank God for the Magic Bullet. It was amazing. We seriously use the crap out of this thing. Not only for this but every morning for our protein smoothies. Yum. anyway so we got ourselves a nice little supply of green peas, broccoli, sweet potato's, carrots, bananas, pears and mango's.
I filled up the baby food containers and then divided up the rest in ice cube trays and froze them.
Perfect serving sizes.
I was a bit intimidated at first but after seeing how easy it was to do... not to mention that its healthier and cheaper... I'm sold. 






The whole process was really easy except for the fact that I had this little helper attached to my hip. It made the process quite a bit slower. Poor sick boy wanted nothing but to be with me at all times.


Tracker has tried carrots, bananas, carrots and prunes. I know I know... I am suppose to introduce 1 at a time. I got a little ahead of myself. He did great with all of them but I decided to back off when he got a little backed up. Ill reintroduce 1 at a time over the next few weeks.
I thought I would wait to give him any food until he was 6 months but this little man eats non-stop. 
and after his pediatrician gave me the go ahead I decided it was time.
Honestly I cant believe how fun and exciting it is to introduce foods to your baby. Never would I have thought something so simple would be so much excitement.

1 comment :

Erin said...

What recipe did you use for your baby food?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails