Friday, August 24, 2012

Weekly Appointments

Went to the doctor Wednesday.
The whole night before I was seriously wondering if I was going to go into labor soon. I have been so uncomfortable, feeling extremely nauseous and started having some contractions that were going into my back. I have been so nervous about something going wrong with this baby the entire pregnancy and have spent a few days/nights crying until I could feel him move. So before going into my appointment I was terrified something like my fluid levels would be too low so they would rush me into a delivery room and he would be here right then. I know that's not really how it would go but my mind is rather extreme. So anyway at this appointment I was scheduled to do a NST and an AFI. Then go upstairs to get an ultrasound and then have my regular checkup with my OB. Now I haven't had any problems with this pregnancy so there was no real need to have these done but my OB is awesome and he has seen how anxious I have been throughout this pregnancy and how the last couple appointments I ask about a million questions regarding--- what if--- scenarios. So my last appointment he said- lets put all of our minds at ease and do these tests.
I ended up being more nervous going in for these tests than I thought I would be. I guess I am just waiting for something to go wrong. Its hard to just sit back and have faith things will be fine and TK will be just fine.
Well I started with the NST and AFI.
My level was a 10 which was fine. They want it between 10 and 20 or 30 I think.... either way I was fine and the nurse said it fluctuates all the time as the baby is breathing and swallowing so there was nothing to be worried about. During the NST they want the baby's heart rate to increase and decrease at least twice. Meaning he would be moving at least twice. Well he passed with flying colors. He moves all the time especially lately when my hand or something is resting on my belly so with those monitors he was going wild. They ended up monitoring me for almost an hour because they were busy with some other mums-to-be but I was totally fine with that. Listening to baby's heart beat was amazing.
After that test was done I made my way upstairs to get an ultrasound.
It was so fun to see T so big. He was sucking on his hands. The ultra sound tech was so surprised how much hair she could see. She kept going back showing us. She doubled checked and assured us HE was definitely a HE. There was no question. He gave us some nice clear shots. She said he is measuring right on track and estimates he currently weighs 6lbs 6oz. She said the weight is not totally accurate so give or take some from that but also remember I still have 3-4 weeks until he gets here. I am thinking he might be a little bigger than my 6lb baby girl.
They did a 3D pic of his cutie little face. The cord was in the way so its not the best but it was still pretty cool to see his little facial features already.
After the ultrasound I was headed to my regular checkup.
My OB is seriously amazing. He is so good about always making sure I am doing okay both emotionally and physically and understands why I am such a crazy nut and always calms my fears. Sometimes he will laugh at the silly things I come up with to ask but he makes sure I walk out without a doubt in my head for that moment :)
I guess this little boy has started leveling out size wise. I am not measuring 2 weeks ahead any longer. He is still head down and shoving his head into my pelvis. I am dilated to a 1 but not thinned at all. So it looks like Ryan is still good to go hunting all next week. I don't think baby will be making his appearance real soon. I go back next week and we will see how things look. Ryan is ready to jump in the car and speed home if necessary but I am really hoping this boy waits until his Dad gets his little man-cation in. He needs it. and I still have a long list of to-do's that I want to get done.
So things are looking good. TKW is growing great. I am still extremely nervous every other minute that something might happen but I'm trying to relax.


Auntie EM said...

We are all so excited for you and Ryan. It will be a surreal and precious moment when he is finally in your arms. Love you

glenda said...

Hoping you can relax some and enjoy the next 3-4 weeks. Can't wait to see baby T. Best to you and baby always!

The Hickman Family said...

With my first I was only a 1 up until the day I went into active labor, but I would thin a little more at each appt. With number 2, I was also only a one, but had ZERO effacement & was sure that it meant nothing would happen anytime soon. However, my midwife said it is extremely common to do exactly that with your second & sure enough, she was right! I still had her 5 days before my due date after being checked & no effacement 2 days before. I might also add that my labor was MUCH faster & easier. I delivered naturally both times... my son was 9 hours total, but she was 3 1/2 hours & I was pushing in the car!! I guess my point of rambling all that is to just tell you to be cautious of all that & GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to hear & see the news!


Related Posts with Thumbnails