Tuesday, July 17, 2012

sneak peek

We Ryan has been working so hard to get TK's room ready. 
If you remember my vision when we first started planning was a modern, unique space. I wanted lime green, grey, black and white with lots of chevron prints. As I started getting fabric samples and drawing out how the room was to look Ryan quickly nixed my vision. He wanted a more boy-ish room and thought what I wanted sounded a bit to girly. Whatev. So we started changing little things here and there. Before I knew it- the whole vision was completely changed and we were now working with a western theme. Oh dear. All I kept imagining was cheesy cowboy prints, bandannas everywhere and horrible colors mixed together. It took a while but we finally found a balance on the different styles, decor and furniture. Now that we are just about finished I am so happy with how things turned out and honestly cant imagine it being what I originally wanted.
This little boy is completely Ryan's mini me. I sure hope he ends up liking the whole hunting/cowboy/rugged thing because Ryan's is totally running with it.







I cant wait until its completely done and I can show off all the completed pictures.
Its definitely a change to walk into his room and not see the bright pink walls. 
What I am more excited to share is the TINY budget we had to work with and all that we were able to do with it. Seriously there have been some creative minds in this house the last few months.

4 comments :

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the light switch cover!!!!! =) So stinkin' cute!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to see the final reveal. It's already looking super fun and cute!! :)

Ashley Quarles said...

You had me at the horseshoe light cover. I can NOT wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love what you have shown so far! I cannot wait to see the end result!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails