Wednesday, November 21, 2012

printing the blog...


So I commented on my last blog about my blog book I got printed but I didn't know if anyone goes back and looks if I left a response so I wanted to make sure those who were interested could see it.
.....
I did this book through blurb.com
You have to down load a program called booksmart. You upload your blog and than you have to pretty much reformat every single picture/page/post. Its very time consuming for me but I love how it comes together. When it first uploads your blog I had to do it in 2 different uploads because I had to many pages for the book. You can only print a maximum of 450 pages I think and on my first upload... Jan 2010-June 2010 I had almost 900 pages. but that's just because it puts just about every picture you have on its own page. I then have to go through and find a new format for each blog and put each picture where it should go. The second upload I had July 2010-Dec 2010 again had my book with over 1000 pages and it kept giving me warning signs that I cant print more than 450 pages... blah blah... anyway so after going through every single post my book was condensed from 1500+ pages to 390ish... 
There is a lot of fun options to make your book unique. You can make the pages colored or have designs on them. There are tons of different formats they provide for you or you can make your own format. There are a lot of different sizes of books and cover options. You can really have any budget and create something.
I did a 12x12 book with a hard cover. The cost was I believe $120.
That's expensive to me but its honestly so worth it. This is my journal, my scrapbook, all my memories...
If you have more questions I can do a post and kind of walk you through how I do it...

Oh and another thing... You don't have to have a blog to create a book. You can just put together a picture book. I am in the process of making Tracker his own ABC book and ill be using them. So if you are not into blogging you can still use them!

Hope this helps!!!

1 comment :

Kristy said...

Yes it help so much-Thank you! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your cute little family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails