Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A funny Story.

Remember when we were at the cabin and harley was chewing on rocks... haha.. we thought she was so silly and cute.  We warned her several times to be careful. We would take away rock after rock. We laugh and laughed then became responsible parents again and took away the dangerous objects.
It was so funny
silly girl

well who's laughing now?
no one
especially harley
this girl broke her freakin tooth chewing on these rocks
breaking it down to the root.
She is at the doggie doctor.
They are telling me something like a veterinary dentist needs to do a root canal or we need to pull it.
a veterinary dentist! who the heck chooses that as their major?
The numbers that were flying around were something like $100 just for the pain meds... another $90 for blood work... All day at the doggie hospital... surgery... $1800 for the root canal or $800 to pull the tooth. She keeps throwing out other dollar amounts but I cant recall them all.
Im trying to add them up in my head but im no good at math.
I think about just pulling the tooth.
Half the cost.
But then I think about the giant hole in her mouth. Its a caynine after all. She will have a lopsided mouth. What if other dogs laugh at her. I think about how she will get her lip caught in the empty space and how funny she will look. 
Then I think about the root canal. Which would have to wait until August since the only Veterinary Dentist around lives in Colorado and we would have to wait until his next stop to Utah. I think about all the follow up dental apt. she would have and how she would have to be extra extra careful with that tooth.
Then I think about the ache in my mouth. The tooth that really needs a root canal but I have been putting it off until it hurts bad enough because I hate forking over $1000+ for something like that. I would rather pay some bills or even go shopping.

Alas, the dog will win. She will get my root canal money and she will get her tooth fixed.
However we may fix it. Pulling or Rooting. She will have things back to normal soon.

Oh little girl. You better save me from a fire one day to make all your expenses worth it.


Anonymous said...

My beautiful puppy (ok dog), she's an Aussie mix, ate a pacifier. You know one of those silicone ones that kinda looks like a orca pet toy. She required surgery and that was after she almost starved to death. She ended up losing 6 inches of dead intestine from that episode. Needless to say she still went after those stupid things and grosser stuff also. I hope your puppy (dog) gets well soon.

Lisa F said...

I missed my last vacation because my dog got sick and was losing blood at both ends. All my show tickets and entrance tickets and vet bills later.... What would we do without the little shits?

Robin said...

Poor Harley, our little Mylo likes to carry rocks around in his mouth but I don't think he chews them. I keep telling him to be careful too next thing you know we will be in the vet when he trips and lodges that big ole rock down his throat. You tell Harley her Aunt Robin misses her. <3


Related Posts with Thumbnails