Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

A special day to remember some amazing people.
People who gave their life for us.
Our fallen soldiers.
We remember.
We thank you.


It was a low key day.
My Ryan was still gone, lost at the cabin in the woods. But lucky for me he was coming home today.
I haven't been feeling to hot and didn't really enjoy my time alone.
I missed that guy.
Luckily by the time I got to the cemetery he was there!
Some other very amazing people had already left our Kenzie some beautiful flowers.
We are so lucky to have so many people love our little muffin.
We added to the decor with some flowers and toys.




The bag pipes were there as usual and the sun even managed to peak its head through the clouds which was perfect. The whole hill was filled with flowers and people.  Its so peaceful every Memorial Day.

There he is!
My dirty, smelly, camo mountain man.
Look at our little nieces smile here. Ah I could eat her up.




I'm so blessed to live in this country. I'm honored to know so many service man and women.
I know our children will grow to know how so many people in their lives are the reason why we are free. 

3 comments :

Mommy used to be so pretty... said...

Those balloons-

I read your words and they are beautiful. You write so well, and I am a huge fan of your honesty. (we have that in common! :)

But it's those balloons.

I see them in your pictures and I smile and tears sting my eyes every time.

I think it is the most perfect way to tell her you love her.

Lots of love, sweet family!

Anonymous said...

You are right, Kendra. We are lucky to live in a free country with many people willing to give their all for our freedom. We are blessed to be part of such a good family who love us. I miss her....I love her....But I know she is safe and at peace. I love you guys, too. :) Auntie M

crystal said...

The flowers are beautiful!!! I jst hate that you can't give them to her in person. Praying for you!!! I hope you have a wonderful summer!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails