Monday, June 11, 2012


First camping trip of 2012 was a lot of fun. Our plan was to spend a weekend sitting by the lake, getting some sun, stuffing our faces with mallows, fishing and just enjoy doing a lot of nothing.
Of course things don't always work out exactly how you plan.
Friday before we even left for the lake I went to my pool for a wee bit and burnt my ass off. Seriously. I don't think I have ever been so burnt. My legs ached because of how swollen they got. I was a bit worried to sit out in the sun the rest of the weekend but I shouldn't have worried too much and simply just looked at the weather forecast. It was chilly. Not even warm enough to put your tootsies in the water. and dogs were not allowed so all of our swimming fun went out the window. Its probably a blessing in disguise because I don't think I could have handled a moment in the sun. I packed Ryan and I for warm lake weather but like I said I didn't think to look at the forecast and so we were freezing most of the time. Thanks Becky for loaning me some pants one night. Seriously who only packs tank tops, shorts, swim suits and flip flops for a weekend camping? Did I think I was going to a California beach? Did I not forget I am still in the mountains and maybe a pair of jeans and some tennis shoes would have been useful?
oh well.
So our warm lake planned weekend didn't turn out but we had a great time none the less. We had lots of good food, we went on walks, were attacked by a wild cotton tree that almost took us all out allergy wise, the mosquitoes were at war with most of us, we talked a lot, we went and cheered Randy and Shaun (Ryans Daddo and BIL) as they finished the Tour de Cure Saturday afternoon, we walked down by the lake for about 30 seconds there before we were blown away, we roasted mallows, cooked with the dutch oven, ate tin foil dinners, played with the baby, played with Addison, chopped wood, made a few trips down the road to the gas station to fill up our drinks and did our best to stay warm. 
On Sunday morning we realized we didn't have to check out of our stop until much later than we planned so the boys loaded up their fishing gear and headed to the lake since the sun was out and it was much warmer. Ryan has been wanting to fish for quite a while so he was happy as can be.
It was fun to be with family. It was fun to have a little time away from the everyday routine. 
and we definitely cant wait to go out again.

Poor Harley had a rough time. She was somewhat happy but between the cold, her horrible horrible allergies and being eaten alive by some kind of bug she was more ready to be home than anyone else.
We did our best to keep her bundled and by the fire but this girl is such a wimp. We laugh at how pathetic she can get. After a bath, overdosing her with benadryl and a warm bed she is recovering slowly. 

You can see in this picture some of the bumps on her head. Seriously they are covering her body. I have been quite a bit worried but her vet assured me that she is fine and to just keep an eye on her.
I have to say its rather sad when her vet pretty much knows my number by heart because I'm consistently calling about something. I fear for baby T's pediatrician.

Its always so nice to come home. I cant say how amazing a shower after camping is. I think one of the best feelings ever. Call me crazy but its true in my book. Ryan and I didn't sleep hardly at all either night so we were exhausted and not feeling well by the time we got home. We slept most of the evening and then woke up long enough to drag our butts to bed.
Oh how I love my bed.
Cant wait to go out again.

1 comment :

Paige said...

Honestly, age 2 isn't so bad. I have a 2 1/2 year old and she is more mischievous than anything (getting into the pantry, fridge, pulling things down). She has learned to help herself to food and that's kind of annoying but hey, I don't mind as long as the food she grabs is healthy lol. I can't wait to find out what Baby T's name is :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails