Thursday, October 6, 2011

Testing

The testing of my LH surge began on Wednesday.
Negative yesterday.
Today it took me 3 tests to properly read the results.
I should have listened to others who suggested certain ovulation tests but I was cheap and knew I would test more than the recommended amount because I'm a little obsessed like that.
I just couldn't tell if the line was the same color or darker then the other line. I was getting really annoyed. But by test #3 it was pretty clear it was still negative.
I have a feeling it will be positive sometime this weekend which means ill have to have the on call doctor implant me. I don't really care but really would rather my regular OB do the deed. Eh well!
I don't really care how it happens really. I just want it to happen!
Any day now. WooHoo!



PS... The little girl, The midget, The mini that I post about so often is my niece. Isn't she a doll?
We are pretty much in love with her.  She likes to come stay with us and we always welcome her.
I have decided to keep her name as well as our other nieces and nephews names anonymous which is why I call them mini or midget or whatever I come up with.  Our nieces and nephews are so much apart of our lives so you see them on here quite a bit.  Ryan and I have a combined 19 nieces and nephews... AND growing. There is 1 on the way and 1 was just born a couple weeks ago.

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Kendra! Keeping you in my prayers :) Your baby is rejoicing in heaven just waiting for the moment to come to you :)

Sarah said...

Good luck and hopefully you get a clear positive soon. If this month doesn't work out you can always try a month with ultrasounds. We did that and they measure your eggs and when they are a certain size you get an HCG shot to trigger ovulation in 24 hrs. I never had clear LH sticks so we had to do that.

Kellie Staats said...

Those things are tricky to read. Remember not to drink anything for 2 hours prior to taking the tests. I always had to take 2 a day. I usually picked up my serge in the pm.

Chantel said...

I never had a positive test. We had to do ultrasounds to verify and most of the time those were negative as well. It's a frustrating process but so worth it when your little one gets here.

Em said...

Thinking of and praying for you!! Thanks for sharing this journey, you are helping so many people out with your honesty and openness. Hugs Em

Anonymous said...

Sending you and Ryan hugs. Praying the fertility gods are in your favor in the next couple of days!! Love ya Auntie M :)

Alerie said...

I will be thinking of you and praying for you!! I know Makenzie is with you every step of this. BIG HUGS!!

Paige said...

I will be thinking about y'all :-) I thought your niece was maybe MRW's older sister (I haven't read your blog in it's entirety .. my bad) <3

Anonymous said...

Oh I was wondering who the mini was- she looks so much like you :) I hope you get a clear as day positive. I remember clearly sitting with my husbands hunting head lamp trying to see the lines... Ha ha! GOOD LUCK go get 'em girl :)

Molly said...

Yay! Good luck. I usually use two different opk kits. One cheap one and then the digital smiley one. That way I can test as many times as I want and be sure with the smiley. I am on cd 7 so not to far behind you :)

Mandy said...

I'm not sure if you would be interested in checking out this website, but when we decided to try the 1st time to get pregnant I was really anxious and just wanted to be sure I knew around what time of month I ovulated, so I bought ovulation test strips and they were really affordable. Here's the website info if you want it:
http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-tests/
Good luck in this journey! I can't wait for you to post a blog with the news you're expecting again. Praying for you guys!!

Nana said...

Good luck to you two!!!!!!!

Erin said...

Hope things are going well!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about your nieces and nephews. I have 23 of you kids, and then another 18 of your own children, my great nieces and nephews. I love each and every one of you, including your children. I never realized until just over 3 years ago how much family really meant to me. I will continue to pray and hope for a good result with the donor. I've said this already but I want to say it again. It does not matter how your future children get here, they will be yours and will bring you and Ryan such joy and happiness, just like Kenzie did. She is up in heaven picking them out right now, whispering in their ears how much she loves and misses her mama and daddy. When the time comes, they will be fresh from heaven trailing angel dust as they leave there to come here to earth, ready and willing to make you the happiest mom alive. I love you Kendra. Take care and keep smiling - things are gonna work out for you and Ryan!! Love Ya Auntie M :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails