Sunday, May 27, 2012

24 Weeks

*Sorry No picture. My photographer is having a much deserved few days away*

How far along? 24 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? No.
Best moment this week: Finding out everything is going great from the doctor, hearing his heartbeat and laying it bed every night with Ryan and watching him go crazy punching my belly.
Miss Anything? Fitting into clothes and smaller boobs.
Movement: His movements have kicked into high gear this week. He moves all day and night. He has waken me up just about every morning this week around 6:30am. 
Food Cravings: Snow cones. I was craving cherrys and bought some but they ended up making me sick so now I have a big container of cherrys in my fridge that someone else will need to eat!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really feeling sick this week.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Still having a lot of braxton hicks contractions. My doctor assured me again that its totally fine as long as they are not regular. but my GOD they hurt.
Symptoms: On a good note-- my back has been a bit better this week. I have had a couple bad days but its been a lot better. Its just these dang contractions that are driving me nuts.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Rather emotional but happy.
Looking forward to: Ryan coming home! I know I know... Its only been a couple days but I seriously miss him so much. and getting his dresser painted this week. FINALLY! I hope the color turns out.

This week has still be full of tears. I would think they have to be ready to dry up soon but no, they keep coming. Pregnancy sure can do a number on a women. I think we all need a special present before the baby comes. Maybe a trip or something. I admire all those women who are confident while pregnant. I sure am not one of those people. I honestly feel like a cow. and dont even get me started on showering. I refuse to bathe because I cant imagine having to sit there and stare at my ever expanding body. It really is amazing that my body can do that and I am so very happy that it can- but it can also be really overwhelming. and for me what usually happens is I start focusing on how big my hips or boobs or belly button is right now and then I start thinking about the next 16 weeks and how much bigger ill be and then I start thinking about when he finally gets here and what my body will look like then--- and without warning--- my thoughts go from my body to life. and realizing in 16 weeks there will be a new life in our house. Then I become a giant basket case. I start freaking out at the thought of me as a Mom. I start freaking out about money. I start freaking out about anyone looking at baby T. I start freaking out about what his future will be. Oh its not pretty. Ill have quite a few ridiculous thoughts thrown around and will call Ryan in tears asking him once again to promise he wont leave me for some hoe. He laughs. Thinks im totally nuts. I get a little offended because I really am worried about that. and then he reasures me he wont be going anywhere. Then I start to threaten him if he does ever think about leaving. Then he laughs. Tells me he is a little frightened and we end up laughing. and this happens quite often. I would say I wake him up in the middle of the night 3-4 times a week with this same conversation occuring. Its kind of silly. but I am really worried about that. and I know I cant control everything so that freaks me out even more. To know that it could happen and that I cant control it.
Oh heavens. Here I go. I might need to call Ryan in a minute. Poor boy had to drive 5 hours to get away so he could breathe for a few days. I always feel so sorry for him when I am pregnant. At least I buy him presents like a candy bar or a new bottle of bubble bath and hope that makes him fall inlove with me again. So far it works everytime.

I was determined to work a little on T's room this week. Other than paint we have done nothing. I have so much to do and not a lot of time left. My goal for last week was to paint his dresser. I got as far as taking 1 drawer outside and I bought the paint. Thats it.
So my goal once again this week will be to paint that dresser!
and find knobs to go on it. any advice where I can find rustic metal knobs? Nothing to fancy. Kind of plain.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Kendra, I hope this does not offend you, but you make me laugh. I think I will email you a pic of me last summer--4 months before this pregnancy, and a now. You will feel so much better about how you look! :-)
Good luck on getting more done on baby T's room. I need some energy to just clean my house and the ant invasion that has occurred over night! It seems there are ants in every room of my house! (Not to mention my 2 youngest kids, ages 22months and 6 yrs, are both really sick right now!) Yikes!

brigette said...

Oh my gracious you crack me up!!! Your cute pregnant!! Can I just say about your choice post....people always amaze me! How in the world can they judge you. Obviously they have NEVER been in your shoes or any shoes like them. It makes me sick to think they are still after you. Dont they know that loosing a child is the WORST thing in the world with out their extra crap??? Im so sorry!! Big hugs sent your way!

Our Photographic Memory said...

Have you checked Ebay for the Metal Knobs? I have had some luck on there for ones that I was looking for!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails