Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cookbook Update 1

Ahh... We have currently have 64 recipes!
Thank You- Thank You- Thank You... Everyone that has submitted recipes so far! You ROCK. 
So there are only 24 more days you can submit a recipe.
We have to get 200+ more recipes. At least that's what I'm hoping. 
I was thinking it would be really cool if when you submit your recipeS you put your first name and the city/state/country you are from. So I would put...
Kendra Fruit Heights Utah
I just think it would be cool to see where all these recipes are coming from.
If you have already submitted recipes you can just send me a quick email letting me know your info and ill edit your contributor name.  Thank you again to everyone!
I cant wait to get this done and printed. I am dieing to try out some of these recipes but I'm not going to cheat and get any before anyone else. Ill wait until I get my copy of the cookbook!


Thank you so much again for all your support.  Ryan and I cant stop talking about what is to come. We want this more than anything. To be parents again.  I imagine all the other incredible people out there dieing to be parents. People who would do absolutely anything and for whatever reason- cant. 
Do you ever sit back in disbelief that you're in this situation?
That its not just that easy?
That you cant just plan for 3 kids and have 3 kids?
That it takes so much more than that? 
More planning... More Money... More patience... More prayers... More hope... More faith... 
More of everything... Just to have the one and only thing your heart aches for. 
I  pray a million times a day that God has a plan for our family and that we will be able to have one. 
I also pray that all you other Mommy's who are praying for the same thing get to have that as well.


Okay okay back to the cookbook...
If you don't remember this cookbook is to help us with all the adoption costs. 
We are collecting recipes right now through the end of September.  We will get the cookbooks printed in October and they will be ready to be ordered as soon as possible through this blog.


To help us reach our goal of 300 recipes we NEED more recipes. 
Its really really easy.
To remind you- by adding a recipe its not saying you made up the recipe and you're taking credit for it. Its just saying you liked this recipe and want to share it with others.  

These recipes can be anything from your own special way of making Mac n' Cheese to some out of this world super complicated main dish.

There are several categories:
Breakfast
Appetizers and Beverages
Soups and Salads
Breads and Rolls
Side Dishes
Main Dishes
Dutch Oven and BBQ
Especially for Kids
Desserts

So how do you add a recipe?

1. Go to www.typensave.com. Click on the log in button. You will then be prompted to enter the contributor name (that is your name), group login and password, here they are:
----- group login:   
mrwadoption
--------- password:     phj3f
2. On the next screen click on the “add recipe” tab then type in your recipe.
3. After typing in your recipe click on “Check Spelling”.
4. Click on “Preview Recipe”.  You will NOT be able to save your recipe until you preview your recipe, then you will see a “Save” button.
5. Click “Save”
6. Add another recipe!

You can add 1 or you can add 100 recipes.  However many you want! 
If you have any questions or issues please email me and ill get back to you ASAP!
The last day to add recipes is Friday September 30th. 

Remember where it says contributor put your name and where your from...
ie:   Kendra Fruit Heights Utah 


Yeah for RECIPES!

24 comments :

Sarah said...

Kendra-I'm going to leave a recipe soon and hope that you can earn enough for your future adoption. It's such a wonderful thing to adopt and I've loved every minute of it. I would have waited 7 more years for my son but was so grateful when we were finally chosen.

Emma said...

I will add some more soon, done 2 I think so far, and although you already know it's Emma, Calgary, Alberta Canada.
Can't wait for the finished product, so excited, such a great idea!! And, I'm so excited for you and Ryan in these coming steps...I know it is hard to be patient but in the end the wait will be SO WORTH IT!!! love and hugs, Em

MLE HUNTER said...

I posted a taco soup recipe. My name is Emily Hunter and I am from Shelton, Washington. I hope to add more soon!

Rose said...

Hi ~ Stopping by to say thank you for linking up to my weekend blog hop. I am now following your lovely blog.

Keep in Touch!
http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hello mrs. webster,
i´ve been reeding your bog for quite a while and i think its brilliant. a lot of strength and a lot of thnigs to think about( especially a s a mother of two very very(...) active boys=)
my question is: could it also be a german recipe( because im german, and thats why my english really is awfully bad), that I would try to translate in english?
greetings from germany,
j. Rodemers- Nobile

Just Breathe said...

Of course it can be German. Oh that will be so yummy! I went to Germany once when my brother lived there and fell inlove. I hope I can take Ryan there one day! The food was amazing and I cant wait to try your tasty dish!!!
Thank You so so much!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

Sorry.. That last one was from me - KENDRA - I was signed into the MRW account. OOPS. Thank you again!

AJ and Cindy said...

I am excited for the cook book, I added a recipe earlier today and will plan on adding more, too! Love this idea! How much will you be selling them for?

Melissa said...

Kendra,
I posted a recipe but did not post my location. Can you please edit that. The recipe is under Melissa Geist and the recipe is Mississippi Mud Pie. My location is Stanley, Wisconsin. Thank you so very much and the best of luck!

sarah.richman said...

Just loged in you are at 121 and I have one more to add....

Berry Taufer said...

Hey Kendra, I just posted my recipe for Italian Chicken! It is late & my comp is on the fritz so you might want to double check & make sure everything flows! I think it is fine, but I just wanted to let you know! Good luck with this endeavor & what it will lead to! Praying for your family of 3 every single day! Love from Idaho Falls! <3

Maranda said...

I've posted 2 recipes so far and I hope to add more soon. I'm Maranda Schroeder and my location is Muscatine, Iowa. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

kendra, mine should be aubrey rogers, conover, nc. and amanda jenkins, conover, nc.

-aubrey-

Anonymous said...

and my moms should b joyce maddalon, maiden, nc

Anonymous said...

I posted 11 recipes earlier but without a location. Jamie Neff Riverdale, Utah

ellen said...

I just added a bunch. :)

Laura said...

You don't know me, I just found your blog and was inspired. I would love to add some recipes. I am a recipe collector. Anyway, I tried to get on but the website isn't working. I will try later is anyone else having this problem?

Tamatha Banks said...

I just found this site through Ashley Sullenger. I am amazed at the strength and grace you exhibit throughout these trials and I am inspired by your words and thoughts. I posted about 10 recipes or so and will try to add more later. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Tami, Okotoks, Alberta, Canada

The Davis' said...

I posted about 5-10 this morning. But did not realize that I could see what other people put in, so some of them were already up. :) Even though my recipes are different.

Megan and Will said...

I just posted a triple layer brownie recipe (it's the BEST!) I hope it's not too tricky to understand..I tried to make it understandable! I can't wait to buy the cookbook--I LOVE cookbooks!
--Megan

Efamily said...

Hi Kendra
I think your project sounds AWESOME and INSPRING, and I just want to offer you any resources I can. Depending on how you are going to print your recipe book I might be able to help you.

I have connections to a printer, plus I could help with a little photography and design. Also I have another option for fundraising that would be REALLY profitable ( You could easily raise 10,000). I am in Salt Lake City and I would be happy to talk to you. You can email me at ali@lemonpoppycake.com www.lemonpoppycake.com Take care. Ali

brigette said...

Great idea!! I love this Kendra. Im not much of a great cook but I added a few!! Hugs

Janeen said...

I just posted your 500th recipe! Way to go!
My husband and I were blessed with a baby boy 3 years ago through adoption. Our decision came after we learned that I have an inoperable hernia in my brain which is stable, but would compromise my health in pregnancy. It was a tough decision initially, but we have never looked back. We are whole and happy, and hope for the same for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow- I just posted 4 recipes and see that you are now at 527 recipes! Woo hoo! Best wishes to you Kendra.
Kathy-Rexburg, ID

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails