Thursday, November 18, 2010

this one's for you...

So there is only 1 more day until the big winner is announced.
If you haven't already submitted a vote, you better get over there now!
If you are a stranger and never left a comment- don't worry- we will be come friends in no time.
Its really a silly game, I guess my way of begging for attention.
SO give it to me and win a prize in the process.
I'm not ashamed to admit, I buy others love.
Just ask Ryan :)

Onto other Thanks-giving-y related things.
What are you all doing?
I have been dreading the holidays. Seriously.
I wish we could skip them all. BUT. At the same time, these are my most favorite holidays and time of year so it leaves me totally bummed and confused and a little excited that Christmas music is already playing.
Today is not a bad day. I guess I prayed extra hard last night and this morning so I feel the relief a little.
All day yesterday, and I can already tell all day today I'm remembering what was going on last year. I am remembering those first days. I am remembering how much she was still struggling. I have written down those memories in a little notebook I have- mainly because I hate bumming all of you out on such a regular basis.

This blog has been such a blessing to me. Its given me a voice at times I didn't feel I had one. I am able to write every little feeling I have and get it out in a much better way than anywhere else. Sounds weird but its so true. Its also given me the amazing opportunity to learn of MANY of you. I have been strengthened by you. Your sweet comments on my bad days... your advice...your blogs. I should definitely comment more but I usually spend my Internet time running through all those other lives I check up on and getting off before my laptop burns my legs off (I use the computer while sitting on the couch, the laptop sits on my legs and it gets so hot it seriously burns me)
Then I try to pay a little attention to the hubs, dogs and my precious reality tv.

So today--- I wanted to write a big post about everything I'm grateful for but instead I'm changing my plan to write a post saying how grateful I am for all of you.
AND when I mean YOU I mean YOU!!!
Thank you for reading our story,
Thank you for saying Makenzie,
Thank you for telling me that its okay,
Thank you for crying with us,
Thank you for your prayers- you have no idea how much they help,
Thank you for the friends who have bravely written emails that I now chat with on a regular basis
                 (I promise I am not that mean, I write you back- It might take a little time but I will write you back :),
Thank you for advice,
Thank you for your friendship
More than anything Thank you for remembering her.

You are all amazing. I hope you have a wonderful day!

10 comments :

Candace said...

Seriously Kendra I am thankful for you, and all you share. It reminds me everyday to be grateful for the little things, I appreciate that so much,
Candace

Emma said...

Thank YOU for sharing Kenzie with us, and for sharing your heart with us as well. I am so thankful for 'meeting' you and only wish I was close enough to get together...maybe one day! :-)
Hugs, Em

Amie said...

Hi Kendra. I am sure all of us who read your blog on a regular basis thank YOU for sharing your amazing story of MacKenzie with us. Like I said in a previous posting...YOU have given SMARD a face, a beautiful, amazing little face...the face of MacKenzie. You have allowed others to sympathize with you and share their stories with you like I have to let you know that you are not alone. You have come such a long way...I can't wait to hear what it is you have decided to you. What ever it is...I wish you the very best of luck! Amie

Shawna said...

I thank you Kendra for sharing your life and MacKenzie's life with us. You have touched me and made me examine certain aspects of my own life as well as simply made me cry both tears of sadness and happiness over the joy and sorrow surrounding all of MacKenzie and your story. Thank you for giving that story to us and for striving to let the world know her and SMARD. SMARD & SMA have become important to me and I never would have heard of them if it were not for you and your BabyLegs project. And thank you for being so thankful for all of us who follow your blog.

john + becky said...

Hi Kendra,

I, like you, often skip through blogs and am terrible at leaving a comment. I have meant to comment on your blog MANY times...but still haven't. I am sorry that I haven't!!

This is Becky Sorenson...I went to West...was a year older in school than you. I don't know if you remember me or not. BUT...I love reading your blog. I am totally amazed at ALL that you have had to go through and how strong of a person you are...truely amazed.

I will be better at commenting...promise!

Nic said...

Hi,
I am one of those who reads your blog but doesn't actually know you. I've never left a comment b/c I felt weird b/c I don't know you. Anyway I wanted to say thanks for your blog. I usually cry while reading it and I have your story in the back of my mind the rest of the day. I think your daughter is beautiful. I think your baby legs project is an amazing way to celebrate her. I'm amazed how your dealing w/ such a hard thing. Hope all goes well for you. Thanks again you've helped me appreciate life more.

Jessica and Reece said...

As you know, I just adore you and this blog. And in response to your question on my blog, it's so easy to enlarge pictures on blogger! Once you upload them, simply scroll your mouse over the photo you want to enlarge and a window will pop up at the bottom of the photo. It will show several sizing options: small, medium, large, x-large. I click on x-large to maximize the sizing. Let me know if you have trouble!

Alerie said...

Well thank you for thanking us, but really THANK YOU for all you have given us. You have given us more than you could even imagine. You, Ryan and Makenzie have taught us more about life and love and enjoying every little thing. I am so thankful for that and I'm so thankful for Makenzie's story and knowing about SMARD/SMA now. Thank you for sharing Makenzie's story with us. She is so beautiful!! I feel honored to "know" you and someday I hope that maybe our paths will cross and we can actually really meet. I adore your family!! Always thinking about you and praying for you!! Much love!!

Jeni Mullenix said...

Hi Kendra: I to having been coming weekly to see what you have been doing and how you are getting along. I have become (I guess for the lack of better terms) a blog friend to others and have become a bit more comfortable with this virtual world. You are welcome to come to my blog although I use it more to share pics of my family with others since my family is in the US and I currently live in Spain. I wanted to comment also that there is another blog I look at almost daily and if you have time the man who writes it, like you, is very open and forward with his thoughts. He and his family just recently lost their little girl to EB and thought you might relate or just want to take a glance. careforannabella.blogspot.com

I wish you a very happy holiday season.

brigette said...

Thank YOU!! You have touched me so much and often said the things I have always wanted to. Im sorry that we had to meet this way but am glad to have someone I can relate to and talk to with out being judged! I love you Kendra. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails