I am thankful for the path he has paved for me. As bumpy and rocky as some parts have been- there have been some incredible views along the way and I wouldn't change them for the world.
My birthday always falls around inventory time at Ryans work. Usually we work any birthday celebration around him and it usually is never on my actual birthday. This year was all over the place. First he was going to have inventory the day before my birthday and then leave early Saturday morning (my actual bday) for the cabin to start his long hunting trip. Then he was going to stay here that morning and leave in the afternoon. Then he was needed at work longer so he would be working all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday and wouldn't leave until late Sunday for the cabin. Pretty much every scenario left me without him on my birthday. and honestly. the only thing I wanted was him so I was a little sad but know the drill so its no surprise. BUT lucky for me. He always does his best to make this time of year special for me and does his best to be here. He ended up working all day Friday- late into the night. I went to dinner at my Mom and Jesse's who made a yummy seafood Alfredo pasta dish. We enjoyed talking and visiting with my little brother and his wife since they are temporarily staying with them (did I mention they moved back to Utah from Cali? woohoo. happy to have them around more)
I didn't feel like going home so I asked if they wanted to go see a movie with me. We ended up seeing Hope Springs. Seriously such a funny show that every married couple can relate to. No matter if you have been married a few years or 30. I would recommend it. We had a good time but I have to say it was a little awkward sitting between my mom and her husband and my little brother and his wife watching this show. Once you see it, you will understand.
After the movie I called Ryan who had gone to his friends house to have their traditional after inventory celebration. Which is pretty much a bunch of guys sitting around drinking. He had me pick him up and left right before midnight. He had fun ringing in the first moments of my birthday with me in the car.
He then worked that morning and I hung at home and cleaned. Exciting right?!
I didn't expect he would be home until later but to my surprise he arrived home around 1 with a Dr. Pepper and flowers. Love that man. We hung out for a few hours and then went to dinner with Ryan's family. Its Ryans moms birthday a few days after mine so we were celebrating for 2. We went to Tepanyaki and enjoyed a very yummy dinner.
That night we did what I love best and snuggled and watched tv.
I was so happy with nothing but those moments with Ryan.
Ryan did end up working Sunday as well so he wasn't able to leave for the cabin until late. but he made it there! I waited until after midnight to hear he made it up the mountain safely. I always get so nervous.
I have done this before and it was kind of fun to look back on and see how things change. For the big 25 here are 25 random facts about me.
- I am kind of obsessed with chalk board paint. I love it. I love to put it on anything and turn something boring into something fun. I love to use it for labels especially.
- If there is anything in this world that I cant have enough of that would be nail polish.
- I love when my fingers are painted but they never stay on long. I have a bad habit of biting my fingernails and the polish when its on there so it rarely gets done.
- I have a love/hate relationship with getting flowers. I love to get them because they are so pretty but I hate when they die and I hate when I end up killing them faster than I should because I am horrible with any kind of plant.
- Ryan got me a big fancy camera last year and I have yet to learn how to use it. I thought it would be so simple and something that I could just take out of the box and snap pictures all day long and they would magically turn out amazing. I really need to learn the dang thing because my iphone camera will only take such good quality of pictures and I need great quality pictures for this little boy.
- I vacuum a few times a week and would do it everyday if I had the time.
- I hate any kind of reptile.
- I love me some reality TV but lately cant find the time to watch it. When I do actually sit down to watch something I get annoyed how dumb it is and end up fast forwarding most of it. but I still crave it.
- I have never craved soda like I have during this pregnancy. Root beer or Dr. Pepper. I'm obsessed. but I don't like them out of a bottle I need a fountain drink. They taste totally different. I have not let myself indulge more than once a week if that. I try really hard to go a couple weeks without a drink but lets face it. The bigger I get the more excuses I make to treat myself.
- I am finding myself searching flights and hotels a lot lately. Not that we will be going on any vacations anytime soon. I dream of the ocean. I dream of Ireland. I dream of a cruise. I even dream of Las Vegas. I am itching for a little getaway and somehow searching how expensive everything is and seeing really how out of the budget it is makes me feel better. Go figure.
- I already know what elementary school TK will go to. I am very concerned about his education and finding a place that is well rounded and will give him as many opportunities as possible. It maybe a little spendy so we have already started a savings account for it.
- I cant wait for Fall. I am so done with summer. I love everything about fall. I have started a Fall check list of things I want to do before winter. Its rather long. Somethings will be near impossible to do with a newborn but whatever. I am holding back decorating until after TK arrives. I figure that will be close enough I guess. I have already bought his Halloween costume and a bag of candy corn. The day pumpkin lattes come out I will be first in line. Oh the sweetness of fall.
- Even though we have decided we will not be moving for a couple years I am dreaming of what I want for our next house almost daily. There are things I love about our townhouse but there are a lot of things I want different. I never realized how important cupboard space is.
- I hate yard work. Ryan loves it. All he talks about when we think about our next place is that he wants a big yard and a huge garden. All I think about is how that will never happen unless he is in charge of all of it 100%. I hated mowing the lawn and picking weeds growing up and have continued to despise that task. I put it off as long as possible and our flower bed is TINY. I have nothing to complain about but I hate it all the same.
- I have such a hard time decorating. I change my mind so much. I see all these super cute decorating ideas on pinterest and never seem to get my house to look like any of that. I want something that is calming, easily done, unique/different, has character and detail but is not overwhelming. I like the look of random items put together but that all match in someway and flow.
- I hate crusts. I never eat them. On bread, rolls, pizza-- anything...
- My new color obsession is grey.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when parents ignore their kids especially in public.
- My favorite food lately has been spaghetti. I cant get enough of it.
- I only get my hair done twice a year.
- I love Caramel Frappuccinos
- I am completely obsessed with my nieces and nephews. I hope I can stay close to them the rest of my life. They make me so happy.
- One of my most favorite things is getting random calls or text messages from Ryan just to say I love you.
- I am so ready to be done being pregnant but the thought of him actually being here so soon scares the crap out of me. I cant wait to meet him but all I think of is that I am just not ready :)
- I never take a nap. There are days I feel like I could totally use one but always feel like there is so much else that needs to be done. Ryan on the other hand- HAS to take a nap daily.