Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life

There is this amazing family out in the blog world that I accidentally came across a few weeks ago. This family recently lost their youngest baby to a tragic accident and she is telling her story on here. I check in everyday just to see her inspirational words. I probably shouldn't keep looking at it while I'm at work because without fail I cry every time I even open it up. She is such an amazing women. Seeing her emotions as she deals with this is eye opening. I cant help but sit back and realize what a great life I have. How lucky I am to have the things and people I do in my life.
I was 9 years old when my best friend/sister died. I can still feel the same pain I did the first time I found out. Since she died its rare that a day goes by that I don't think of her however over this past year she has been in my mind even more. I am at the age now that she was when she got in a car accident and lost her life. I think to myself if today was my last day would I have done the things I want to on this earth? Will my family and esp my husband know how much I truly love them? Those frustrated words I used with Ryan last night could be the last words he ever hears- Is that how I want to leave him?
Now I'm not saying ill be leaving anytime soon- believe me- I have so much more to learn and do before its my turn but I don't know when that will be. This blog that this wonderful family is doing keeps me so focused on how precious life is. I see how amazing these little children that come from God are. Every time one of my nieces or nephews has been born I cant help but have one of my first thoughts be that my sister was the last one to hold them before she gave them to us. I feel so close to her at those times. Some day when I am privileged enough to have my own children I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to hold my baby for the first time. I cant help but cry already thinking how special that is going to be.
I hope you can all check out this blog and see how life changing it is!
http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/

3 comments :

Shep's Blog said...

Hi, we are friends of Ben and Jennie Taylor here in Ft Rucker. I was reading the comments about their baby and thought that I might know you guys from somewhere. Turns out we dont, but after reading this post, I read the families blog that lost her little girl. You are right that you cant read one without getting emotional. Anyway, my wife and I wanted to say thanks for that post. It puts life into perspective.

ML said...

Hey, thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Of course I remember your family, too. You were all so pretty and talented. It's hard to believe everyone is all grown up now. Your blog is very cute!

Oby and Tara Bennett said...

Kendra I had no idea about your sister. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You've been through a great deal in your life and the refiner's fire has given you a beautiful soul. Thank you for being an inspiration to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails