Monday, June 30, 2008
We had the best weekend relaxing at Yuba Lake. The weather was HOT and PERFECT! We love going boating and camping. Ryan and I took Devlin and Kailum up Friday night along with Amy and her kids Aidan, Kian and Amalie. We spent the night hanging out and skipping rocks in the water. Our camp spot was right on the beach which made it perfect to go play anytime. The next day we ate breakfast and were on the boat by 9:00 AM. Amy and Aidan were the first to ride the tube. They did awesome and Aidan kept saying he would never get off. Everyone got a turn but Amalie-who is to little and Ryan who hurt his back earlier in the week and didn't feel up to getting beat up a little more on the tube. The kids all had a blast and Harley is a natural fish. She cant stay out of the water. She will swim and try to catch the water she is splashing around. I love getting on the tube and I challenge anyone to try and flip me off. For some reason when I get on that thing I get unbelievable strength and will hold on for forever. Ryan loves playing the game of almost killing me just to get me to fall off. The tube will flip in every direction and ill just pull myself back up and hold on! That is the only time I have any kind of strength. I'm actually very weak!
Later in the night after Amy went home my sister Kristianne and her daughter Olivia came up. We had a great time playing a little more on the boat then swimming at the beach. That night the kids all snuggled in the tent and watched a movie on my computer while Ryan, Kristianne and I made friends which a group of people camping next to us. They were a lot of fun and we had a great time hanging out with them. The next morning, which was Sunday, we were back in the water for a while before heading home. It was a perfect get away and I cant wait till next weekend when we do it again but at a different lake.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Oh my little Kailum is no longer little.
He is now in the double digits!
He is an amazing skateboarder! Among many of his other talents!
Kailum has grown up so fast and is definitely a little adult.
He is so sweet to everyone and gives the best hugs- I love that he isn't to old to hug his aunt Kendra! We always have so much fun when Kailum comes over to hang out. We don't get to see this little social bug much because his schedule is always so packed. Kailum is really one of the most genuinely nicest kids I have ever known.
I love ya K
Okay a husband Tag- This one I can do!
(I love this Pic of Ry- Manly)1. Who is your man? Ryan Kent Webster
2. How long have you been together? Married for 19 Months!
3. How long dated? Errr... We like to not dwell on our dating but we were engaged for a wonderful 3 months!
4. How old is your man? ALMOST 24
5. Who eats more? Depends on what it is. I can def down more pop cycles then that boy
6. Who said "I love you" first? Ry... Didn't think that would happen!
7. Who is taller? Me! ha ha Well with really tall heels on.
8. Who sings better? Well I say Ryan because its rare but when he does it- ahh I love it!
9. Who is smarter? Depends. Ryan is so smart with numbers (ha ha NERD-JK) There are times I feel like I am raising a child but more times than not I am stunned by what that boy can do.
10. Who's temper is worse? OH BOY- This is without question- MINE. Poor Ryan lives with a crazy nut!
11. Who does the laundry? Oh ME!!
12. Who does the dishes? Ry is really good at the dishes- That is one thing I HATE doing.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. Funny how you get a side once you get married.
14. Who pays the bills? That would be me. I think my husband would die when he really sees how much money goes to what.
15. Who has bigger feet? Ryan
16. Who has longer hair?Me
17. Who is better with the computer? Me, Only because I have to work on it everyday.
18. Who mows the lawn? Some guy!
19. Who cooks dinner? Me unless its on the BBQ.
20. Who drives when you are together? When we carpool to work together I drive while Ry sleeps! Usually any other time we switch. Unless its in his truck- in that case I rarely drive his baby.
21. Who pays when you go out? Ryan, I'm lazy and don't want to dig in the bottom less pit of my duffel bag purse.
22. Who is most stubborn? We have to both be the most stubborn people- It can make for some pretty entertaining arguments!
23. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Ryan is really good at it. I need to improve my "I'm Sorry" Skills.
24. Whose parents do you see the most? Ryan's parents. It gets so hard to see anyone with our schedules being so busy.
25. Who kissed who first? Ry kissed me first!
26. Who asked who out? Oh Ryan chased me for months before I finally decided to go out with him!
27. Who proposed? Umm Ryan of course. It was so sweet how he did it to!
28. Who is more sensitive? I am a little baby- I am so sensitive Ryan has learned how to talk to me esp when I am upset- he always makes me feel better.
29. Who has more friends? I think we both have lots of friends. I would have to say I tend to make more friends a lot faster but they end up being more of Ryan's friends once they start to hang out- ahh he is such a friend stealer!
30. Who has more siblings? Well he has 1 sister and I have 7 sisters, 3 brothers and 2 new sisters from my moms husband!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Today is a day I am realizing how fast life goes by! Devlin turns 5 today! I cant believe he has been in this world for 5 years. He is such an amazing little boy and has developed such a sweet personality! He is definitely a mini Rick!
Always being that little dare devil. I have yet to see that child without a bruise or scratch somewhere on his body because he fell off his skateboard or tripped on the air. He hardly ever cries- just gets back up and does it again! He wants to grow up and be just like his dad! He loves motorcycles, dirt bikes, wii, skateboarding and any other boy things!
Happy Birthday DBoy!
Yuna turned the big 8 on June 14th!
With 4 of my nieces living in Korea is so hard to be the favorite Aunt and spoil them!
I'm so glad I was able to go see Yuna and her sisters a few months ago. Whenever I see them I always develop an instant close bond. I think its because we don't have time to waste- our visits are always to short and we get straight to the point and this last trip was no exception. Ryan and I feel so close to Yuna and think about her beautiful smile whenever I need a good pick me up! I was lucky enough to go stay with my brother and his family when Yuna was born. It was so great to be able to be one of the first people to see her after she was born! She was so small and petite- which she still is. Yuna has such a zest for life and is such a passionate person. She is going to go so far in life with her ability to care so much about things.
I miss you and Love you so much Yuna! Happy Birthday!
My Grandma Murtle turned 100!!!
She is such a funny little lady. She is still doing great other than the fact she cant hear very well and refuses to wear a hearing aid so your exhausted after screaming to her for a few moments :)
My sisters Kristianne, Amy and Ashlyn planned a wonderful party to celebrate all the many year of her life and it turned out wonderful. There was so many people who came to see her I think she was overwhelmed. Grandma Murtle is such a loving person and has worked so hard for so many years- My amazing sisters take such great care of her and because of all their hard work everyday she is still able to live somewhat on her own! She has had an incredible journey through her life!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Happy Birthday to my adorable nephew Tyler! He is getting so big I cant believe it. My little brother Jonathan and I lived with my sister Alana for a while and it was one of the best things in my life to see Tyler grow up. We were able to be there when he took his first steps. He is such a sweet and talented little boy! Happy Birthday Ty!
My sister Amy turned the big 30! She had a little BBQ at her house to celebrate! Its fun to get together with family and see everyone. I wish we could do it more but with 10 brothers and sisters that are all busy with their own families it can get pretty difficult.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
(As I drove to school early this morning this was the beautiful sky above my house!)
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it.
- Jim Valvano